Floundering in the What If's

There is freedom waiting for you...

I'm having a strangely hard time dealing with life right now. I graduate in May and so I feel like every tiny decision will have a huge impact on what I do next.

On the breezes of the sky... 


What if I say the wrong thing to the right person? What if I burn bridges before I even know there is a bridge to burn? What if my inability to concentrate causes me to miss the opportunity of a life time? What if my forgetfulness lands me somewhere I don't want to be? What if I mess up? What if I fail? What if I disappoint?

And you ask "what if I fall?"

Oh how I loathe those two words! What if? Always bouncing around in my head like a childhood bully high on sugar! What if? Taunting and goading me into feeling the worst kind of unease, like something prickling under your skin. What if? Itches and grates behind my eyes right where I can't touch it.

Oh but my darling...

What if I need to stop asking? What if I need to just let it happen? What if I allow myself to break through the boundaries? What if I let myself try?

What if you FLY?
-Eric Hansen


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Thoughts Continue to Taunt Me

My Thoughts are Keeping me Restless

It's a "Let's Overanalyze Everything!" kind of week... month... months.