I Feel Like I'm the Annoying Friend

Basically, I feel like no one wants me around.

On some level I know I am not. I am a good friend. I'm loyal, steadfast and I am the "mom" of my friend group. I'm always there to give advice, a hug or cook dinner. My door is always open and my couch is super comfy.

Despite all my good qualities, I still feel like my flaws overshadow my strengths.

I'm loud, I take up too much space and I can accidentally dominate a conversation. I put my foot in my mouth a lot and I've never quite figured out when I'm being too weird.

I feel like I embarrass the people around me. I'll straight up tell you I am not normal. I'm a little off and I am a huge fangirl, so I definitely stray into the "who's that weirdo?" category.

I know my friends like me. I mean, I hope they do, since we hang out all the time. And they come to me with important questions, so they must think I'm trust-worthy.

But I still worry I bug them or they just tolerate me. I don't know. I wish I could just hang out with people and not make myself sick with worry once we're done hanging out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Thoughts are Keeping me Restless

My Thoughts Continue to Taunt Me

About Two Seconds Away (Trigger Warning for Thought of Suicide, Self-Harm, Self-Loathing)